I have some serious catching up to do. Back in the beginning of August, we went to CA for David’s high school reunion (I won’t mention which one). David’s sister Cherilyn and her family were visiting as well, so we tagged along with them and Allison to Universal Studios.
This was Shayla’s first time riding in the stroller like a big girl.
The day started off with a long wait in line to go on the Studio Tour. It was a good thing we did it first, because the line was much longer when we were done. The tour was fun…getting to see where they film a lot of movies and how they do some of the special effects.
The Delorian (sp?) from Back to the Future
I don’t remember what movie this was from, but it was a pretty real looking plane crash scene
Next up, we went on a couple of rides, which weren’t really all that great when you’re comparing them to Magic Mountain or Disneyland. The rest of the day we spent fighting crowds and waiting in line for the shows which weren’t all that great. Let me tell you, I haven’t seen that many people and fought that bad of crowds in a long time. No fun when you’re pushing a stroller either.
Although the Studio Tour was fun, it certainly isn’t worth the money you pay to get in there. The rest of Universal Studios was pretty lame and we won’t go back.
Overall, we enjoyed a quick weekend away, seeing family, and David enjoyed getting to visit with old friends.
2 comments:
Shayla is growing so much. What a cutie.
That plane crash picture reminds me of War of the Worlds when Tom Cruise and his daughter stay in the basement of that house, but I don't know if any of that movie was filmed there or not.
Post a Comment