I’ve known what I wanted to do for the kids for Halloween for months now, maybe even since Easton was born. I don’t remember exactly, but a long time. It’s not like they were all that difficult to put together, but it always takes more time than you think.
I had to order the red shirts and pants online to find them in both of the kids’ sizes. One of them I found in the girls’ section, the other in the boys, but they looked pretty gender neutral to me. What really kept me from getting them done earlier was that I had to run to the store to buy the stuff to make the wings and I needed to get iron in transfer paper for the shirts.
I literally finished up maybe 30 minutes before the Ward Halloween party. With a closer look at the wigs, you can see some bare spaces because I didn’t buy enough boa, but it was good enough to wear for a few nights and a lot cheaper than if I had bought more.
It got lots of compliments, and I think they looked pretty cute. :)
Our ward Halloween party basically consists of carnival-type games, dinner, and then a trunk or treat. David was in charge of the dinner, so it was just me trying to keep both of the kids happy and helping Shayla play the games.
Shayla always enjoys trick or treating and she gets very excited for it. As soon as candy gets put in her bucket, she immediately pulls it out and puts it in her mouth, wrapper and all.
When we went trick or treating for Halloween, we were a little disappointed with our street. There were very few houses handing out candy, and several people with lights on that didn’t answer doors. The candy was pretty lame too. I guess that’s ok, because then I’m not even tempted to steal it from her. Shayla was taking her sweet time walking in between houses, but that’s life with a toddler I guess.
We thought it was funny, because every time we passed a group of tweens/teenagers, they would see Shayla and Easton and say “That is so awesome! Thing 1 and Thing 2!” A few of them called Easton “Chocolate Thunder.” I had no idea what that was, but I guess it’s from the movie. So now as I’m going through pictures to figure out what that was supposed to be, I realized that I did the “Thing 1 and Thing 2” on their shirts wrong. I even looked at pictures before, but I guess I didn’t look close enough. It’s going to bother me now, even though I will probably never use the costumes again.
That’s it really, Halloween was a little anti-climatic. It’s a good thing Shayla really didn’t care how much candy she got, because it wasn’t a great haul. She just thought it was fun and wanted to know when we were going to go again.
We were lame and didn’t get any actual trick-or-treating pictures on Halloween, but we did at least attempt to get pictures in their costumes ahead of time. It’s basically impossible.
No comments:
Post a Comment