Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Baby update

Here is my 1st "pregnant belly" pic. I am 18 weeks. I obviously have never done this before, because the striped shirt was not the best choice--especially when you already feel chunky and very unphotogenic. Enjoy :)





Today was the big day... we finally got our first ultrasound. I kept praying baby would be cooperative--that we would be able to find out what it is, and see everything we needed to see. We were surprised at how much time they spent with us, and how much we could see.

David and I both felt like we were having a girl, everyone at my work guessed it was a girl, a couple family members guessed girl...and lo and behold...we were actually right! :)


After that, she was not so cooperative, she had her back to us most of the time, so they had a hard time getting the images they needed of her heart, and we never really got a very good shot of her face. They had me try walking around, laying on my side, lay on my stomach for a few minutes, but she didn't want to budge.

They said everything is looking good. I was a little worried that she was going to be small, because everyone says I should be showing more by now, but she's actually in the 87th percentile for size. So despite my throwing up every time I try to take my vitamins, and the fact that I still just look like I'm growing a gut, she is growing just fine.

Not sure if she's giving us the peace sign, or if she's telling us to peace out because she's tired of all the poking and prodding.

This is the best profile shot we could get.

This is her heart, the blue and red show the blood flowing into and out of her heart.

Unfortunately, they could not get a good 3D shot of her face, because she was covering it with her arm.

We enjoyed getting to see our baby move around, and most especially to know that she looks healthy and normal. We are very happy. :)

4 comments:

Knudson's said...

What!!! I am so excited for you, I had no idea you were pregnant! Congratulations! And congrats on the little girl too, I have a little man for her... :)
Love ya!

Hollyanna said...

That's so exciting - congratulations to you both!! Yay for babies!!

Melissa said...

Yes, Nichole, we will definitely have to play matchmaker 21 years or so from now. :)

Jamie said...

You're pregnant?!?!?! And WHEN were you planning on telling us? :) I'm so excited for you! And a girl!!!!! You'll love her, all the dresses and hair bows. . . and the pink! The singing and dancing, the attitude at 2. . . . awe, girls are great! So, what's your due date?

Nichole, I think our little dudes may have to duke it out. . . and if it comes down to that, the E-Man (as Ty nicknamed him) would win for sure! :) He's gotta be over 20 pounds and hasn't hit his 5 month mark yet!!! (to put this into perspective, McKenna is 33 and Kate is 30)

Keep us posted on how you are doing. I hope you get over the sickness soon!!! (ok, that was WAY too many !!!! in one message!)