Thursday, August 26, 2010

Catching up…

So I’m very behind in posting pictures of Shayla. I’m a little better on Facebook because it seems a little easier. So going back a couple of months…here’s the baby update.

6-27-2010 Being a tease and not smiling2010 6-27 Shayla in Sunday dress 2 2010 6-27 Shayla in Sunday dress 4

 

7-8-2010 Post-ponytail hair 2010 7-8 Shayla hair 1

7-10-2010 2010 7-10 Shayla sleeping 2

7-8-2010 First picture of her sitting up (5.5 months)2010 7-8 Shayla sitting up 2 

We weren’t supposed to start her on solid food until 6 months, but we started her a couple weeks early because we could tell she was ready. We’d put her in the boppy on the dinner table with us as we ate dinner, and she would just stare and watch us eat. She also got (and still does) really excited when we would go to fill up our water cup at the fridge. She always wants to drink out of the grown-up cup even though she usually spills most of it on herself. She has loved eating absolutely everything we have fed her: bananas, prunes, avocado, sweet potato, brown rice, pears, applesauce, broccoli, oatmeal and cauliflower. The oatmeal and brown rice are her least favorites since they are so bland and sticky, so I usually try to mix them with something else.

They always say a baby will regulate how much they need to eat. I swear this girl would just eat and eat if I let her. (Being our child, it’s no wonder). The baby food site I read says to start them with 1/2-1 Tbsp. Yeah right. I don’t measure, but I’m sure she eats at least 1/2 cup. I have no idea if I’m not feeding her enough or if she should be eating more.

7-10-2010 Eating solid food (bananas) for the first time.2010 7-10 Shayla first solid food 2 2010 7-10 Shayla first solid food 6

7-19-2010 Eating brown rice. She always opens wide! 2010 7-19 Shayla eating 4

7-29-2010 Sleeping with her toys100_3258

8-3-2010 Sucking on her toes 100_3259

In my attempt to be a good “Stay-at-home Mommy,” I’ve been trying to be a little crafty. I made several different hair bows for Shayla, but she wouldn’t have it with the picture taking.

8-6-2010100_3262 

What a good mother, letting her baby suck on a plastic bag… (At least she stopped crying!)100_3263

No comments: