Thursday, August 26, 2010

Snow family reunion

This was mine and Shayla’s first time leaving home since she was born. I was definitely in need of a vacation. I was a little worried how Shayla would do in the car, and also with sleeping somewhere other than her crib. For the most part, she did pretty well. The reunion was in Heber, UT and we drove up to Page the night before. We stopped in Flagstaff for dinner, and also for me to feed Shayla. To save time, we attempted to both at the same time. No fun for Mama. I do not like nursing in public places. It poured and poured on us all the way to Page. Even after stopping to buy new windshield wipers, we still had a hard time seeing. It made me very nervous. I do not like driving in the rain (or being the passenger in this case).

The next morning from Page to Heber, the drive took us forever. I think I had to stop to feed Shayla a couple of times. Traveling with a baby definitely takes more planning. She did pretty well, until the last couple of hours when she had had enough of being in her carseat.

It was fun to see everyone, and to meet all the new family members (3 baby girls and the first nephew-in-law).

7-23-2010 Hannah (2 months), Shayla (6 months), and Norah (3 weeks?) Can’t wait for these girls to play together at future reunions100_3247 

We went on a family hike to some sort of glacier thing, that was just a bunch of rocks.

100_3244

David and I put together a “Snow-Mazing Race” activity. I was so excited because I found clue templates online:

image

Hmmm…it won’t include the clues we made up for it. We were hoping to get video of all the teams, but we didn’t have enough video cameras. Some of the challenges would have been quite fun to watch.

We also did a ropes course, where we went canoeing, some team builder type games, a rock wall, a zip line, and the swing. This was the activity everyone enjoyed the most (well almost everyone). You get strapped into the  swing, and everyone pulls on a rope that hoists you up into the air. Then when you get to the top, you let go, and you fall backwards. It’s definitely scarier than it looks.

Can you see the look of terror on David’s face? Maybe one day we can get the video up…

100_3251

Shayla and I at lunch100_3250

It was nice to get away from home to a place that was a little cooler, and to spend time with family

100_3254 100_3255 100_3256

No comments: