Yesterday was Shayla’s first birthday. Everyone always says how fast it goes, but it’s really true. It went by SO fast.
I bought this little top on clearance about a month ago. I had the little pink skirt already and thought it would be the perfect little birthday outfit. She wore it to our 8 AM church, and after the first hour had leaked poop out onto her skirt and the onesie. Then to make it even better, she spit up all over me as I was grabbing the keys from David to take her home and change her. I had to hurry because I had to be back to teach YW’s. I got back just in time. Phew! That got me a little flustered. What a great start to the day! (I did wash it before the evening btw).
After church we fed her lunch and put her down for a nap. Lucky for us, she took a LONG nap, and slept until my family got here for dinner and birthday celebration.
When I bought this candle a couple weeks ago, Shayla grabbed it out of the cart and took a nice chunk out of it. Not the best picture, but you can see the teeth marks. Yum. :)
Why is everyone staring at me?
What am I supposed to do with this?
She ate the WHOLE thing!
Shayla still isn’t walking yet. She is standing on her own for longer, and we’ve even got her to take a couple steps on her own after we let go of her hand. She’s a little bit chicken I think. Crawling is easier, and she gets too distracted with other things when we practice.
She has finally figured out how to go get back down the stairs after she has climbed up, so I don’t worry about her there anymore. I’m still leaving the gate up though.
She knows that she gets in trouble if she throws food or her sippy cup on the floor when we’re eating. So she holds her cup over the edge, and shakes her head no. Sometimes that actually stops her, but most of the time it still goes over.
Her first real word was “uh oh.” She started saying mama first, but that only lasted a few weeks, and now she refuses to say it, so I’m not counting it. She also says “bottle,”, “daddy,” “bath,” and the best one is “Baxter.” Baxter is my parent’s dog, and she has a love/hate relationship with him. She loves to see him, but she doesn’t like him to get too close or lick her. Now if she approaches him first, then she is just fine. We really didn’t think that’s what she was actually saying at first (it sounds just like bottle and a few other words), but whenever she sees him, she says it consistently.
Shayla really is a good-natured little girl. She is generally very smiley, and can grin from ear to ear. She loves to read her books, and do anything that mom and dad are doing. We are so happy to have her in our family.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Shayla!!! What a cute birthday outfit. Of course it had to be washed mid day though...that's how it always works out.
Post a Comment