Sometimes I post things on Facebook that never get to the blog, and vice versa. Well, as I was going through old photos, I realized I never posted our Halloween pics.
Shayla’s little ponytail on the top of her head has always reminded me of Pebbles Flintstone, so I had it easy coming up with an outfit for her. And as it would have it, it worked out nicely for us to be Fred and Wilma.
So, meet the Flintstones.
For how easy the costumes were, they took a lot more time to put together than I thought. I could not find a green shirt (or onesie) that would fit Shayla that didn’t have print on it. I even looked in the boys section. I ended up buying the smallest youth t-shirt and cutting it down and sewing it back together. I also cut out and sewed on all of the spots, which made good use of my new sewing machine. I also sewed the little bone in her hair that you can’t really see anyway.
My costume was the easiest, since I already had the white dress. I just bought some styrofoam balls and threaded them into a necklace.
For David’s, I just bought an orange plastic tablecloth and stapled the spots to it. For his tie, I bought a cheap blue t-shirt and cut it up. It was a challenge getting David to dress up. Not sure it will happen again.
We attended a ward Halloween party on Saturday, but left before the trunk-or-treating because a certain little girl had had enough. On Sunday, we skipped the trick or treating due to eating dinner too late, and a little girl that needed to go to bed. It’s a good thing she didn’t care this year.
For FHE earlier that week, we carved our pumpkin. There were so many possibilities with this one, but we decided to keep it appropriate…
Don’t mind the little girl with no clothes on. She had been eating strawberries earlier, and I didn’t want to deal with stains.
We used a template I found online. It ended up not turning out very good, and it was hard to tell what it was actually supposed to be (a ghost in a window).
1 comment:
Seriously missed opportunity with that pumpkin...
Post a Comment