Sunday, May 29, 2011

11-11-11??

Probably not. So, as most reading this have probably already heard, we are expecting another little Snow. My due date is December 3. Shayla was a week early, so I’m hoping maybe if I eat enough on Thanksgiving, we can get this little guy out at least a week early. What I’m really hoping for though is an 11-11-11 baby. 3 weeks early is probably pushing it, but I can still hope. Let’s be honest, though. The hospitals are going to be packed that day with scheduled c-sections and inductions and such. I would be much better off on another day.

I’m thinking it’s gonna be a boy this time around because this pregnancy is a lot different than my last. I am nowhere near as nauseous, and have not thrown up much at all. I still have a problem with the prenatal vitamins, but I can at least get them down. With Shayla, I threw up everytime. I threw up brushing my teeth. I threw up at the thought of eating a meal. With Shayla, I started feeling sick within a couple of days of finding out I was pregnant. With this one, it really didn’t start until about 8 weeks. My sickness is not so much nauseous, but just headaches and general feeling icky. I’m definitely tired though. That hasn’t changed. Between the ickiness and the tiredness, it can be hard to motivate myself to get much done. I will admit the house hasn’t been cleaned much in the last couple months. :) Even still, I’m a whole lot better off than I was with Shayla. I think it helps that I’m not working 10 hour days on my feet either. It’s nice to be able to lay down and take a nap with Shayla on days when I’m not feeling so great.

The other big difference is that with Shayla I didn’t break out the whole pregnancy, and for several months after she was born. Along with that, my hair stopped shedding during that time too. My bathroom floors were much cleaner. Not the case this time. Still breaking out. Still losing hair. I’m hoping maybe that will still stop? We’ll see. Those were the only benefits of pregnancy (except the baby at the end of course), and it would be a shame to lose those.

I’m seeing a different Dr., and will deliver at a different hospital this time since we’ve moved across town. We’re actually less than 10 minutes away from the hospital. It’s the same company as where Shayla was delivered, and I’ve heard good things about this particular hospital.

I had an appointment at 10 weeks, which is about the earliest they can hear the baby’s heartbeat. It is often too early depending on the baby’s position. We were lucky, and after a few minutes of searching, we were able to pick up the little one’s heartbeat. It always makes me feel better, knowing that the baby is still growing.

2 comments:

The Biglers said...

Congratulations!!! Im so excited for you guys! Love ya!

Knudson's said...

I totally missed this post!! Congratulations!!! I read it on facebook and thought "why didn't I see it on her blog" I must have missed it after having Zoey. We are so excited for you!!! This last pregnancy was way different than with Logan's, so you're probably right that it's a boy. So FUN!