These were supposed to be Shayla’s 12 month photos, but our “usual” photographer had just had a baby, and I had a hard time finding someone in a price range that we could afford. They ended up being 14 month photos instead.
Can I rant a bit? Why are so many photographers so unwilling to give digital copies of photos? It’s the digital age peeps. Get with the times. I get that it USED to be that that’s how the only way they made their money. I get that photographers spend a lot of time editing the photos. That’s fine. What we are paying photographers for now is for the time (and expertise of course). Charge the session fee accordingly. We take pictures to preserve memories, and in an era where it’s so easy to preserve digitally, I don’t get why photographers won’t let you do that. How could I share these photos with family and friends here, or on Facebook, if they don’t let me have the digital copies? One photographer that I looked at wanted you to buy $800 worth of prints before you got digital copies. I can’t afford that. Another made you pay $25 for every digital file you wanted. Can’t afford that either unless I only want to keep one or two photos. Another photographer wouldn’t give digital files because she felt like you couldn’t appreciate how wonderful her work was unless it was printed from a good lab and not Costco. I understand that more expensive labs are going to produce higher quality results, but if you do good work, it will still look good printed at Costco. And the affordability of Costco will allow me to print and display more of your work than if I were to pay $80 for every 8x10 I wanted.
That’s my rant. I just want digital copies of my pictures so I can actually preserve them for a lifetime, and be able to share them with others. Anyway, after some searching, we finally found someone who did just that. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the show…
I just love the look on her face in this photo.
This is one of my very favorites.
All Shayla wanted to do the whole time was to run around and play. It was very hard to get her to stay still long enough to get photos. Poor girl doesn’t know what it’s like to play in grass. You can see by the look on her face how much fun she was having.
She was also obsessed with the dirt, but what kid isn’t?
What little girl doesn’t look adorable in a hat?"
That’s all folks.
1 comment:
Cute little girl you got there. :)
Post a Comment