Sunday, April 17, 2011

Stuff

Shayla went through a phase that lasted several weeks, (maybe even a couple of months), where she suddenly didn’t want to eat food that she had previously loved. Then she got 3 of her molars in, and things seem to be back to normal. I’m assuming that’s why she had been more of a pill after she turned 1 as well. Anyway, at almost every meal, she would give us this face:

2011 3-31 Shayla's I don't like this face 1 This face means “Mom, this food is disgusting, and I can’t believe you would even think to try to feed this to me.”

She is back to eating much better now, and she seems to enjoy those foods again. When she is “done” eating, she starts to throw her food over the side of the tray. My kitchen floor doesn’t stay clean for longer than a few hours anymore. She knows she is not supposed to do this, so if we are watching, she will A) hold her hand over the edge of her tray and non-chalantly  let the food fall out, or B) put the food on the edge of the tray and slowly push it off. I amazed at how “sneaky” they can be at such a young age.

I am really loving this age right now because she is so much more fun and interactive, but even more so because she can entertain herself. I can actually get stuff done with her around.

Now that she has been walking like a pro for close to a month, she is venturing away from us a lot more. She is not afraid to leave the room and go out on her own. Yesterday we couldn’t find her anywhere. We were calling her name and looking all over for her. We heard a little noise come from the bathroom where she had shut herself in. It was dark and she wasn’t even crying.

2011 4-1 Shayla helping with coupons 3 Here I was cutting and organizing coupons, and put all the expired ones on the ground for her. She sat and played in the pile for 20-30 minutes while I worked. Not complaining about the easy entertainment.

That’s about all here for now. We are almost done painting the family room, and we just have a few more pictures to put up in a couple of the other rooms, then I will be ready to show what we have done. (And we can take a break from the house for awhile…or start worrying about our weed infested backyard.)

4 comments:

Ali Snow said...

Kids are so sneaky and smart at such a young age. It's amazing. Shayla is certainly cute and getting so big!

Knudson's said...

It's good to hear someone elses child is so sneaky(thankfully our dogs help to clean up the mess). It's a good thing she just gets cuter and cuter!!

The Biglers said...

So cute!!!

JRFord said...

Our kids did that! Brody was the best at it. When he didn't want it, he'd hold it over the side and let the dog eat it!

Cute little Shayla, getting cuter every day!