Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Still catching up…

Easton loves playing with this activity table. He will stand by the side of it and dance when the music plays. It has little balls that you can put in the middle, and he has figured out how to do that. He loves anything that lights up and makes lots of noise, especially if he can whack it too.

We think he looks very “Merrill” in these pictures.

9-4-20122012-09-04 Easton playing 001

This picture just makes me laugh2012-09-04 Easton playing 003 2012-09-04 Easton playing 006

10-10-20122012-10-10 Easton dancing 006

Our HOA had a block party at the park down the road from us about a month ago, so we decided to go. We didn’t actually meet anyone that we didn’t already know, but Shayla enjoyed playing. The girl loves bouncy houses.

9-22-20122012-09-22 HOA block party 004

They also had a little petting zoo area. Shayla really loved brushing the pony’s hair.2012-09-22 HOA block party 016 2012-09-22 HOA block party 017 2012-09-22 HOA block party 025

Can’t leave out the little boy 2012-09-22 HOA block party 011 2012-09-22 HOA block party 013

Easton is in the stage where he likes to “unload.” Books don’t stay on the bookshelf for long around here.

10-1-20122012-10-01 Easton making a mess 003 2012-10-01 Easton making a mess 005

Shayla still loves books just as much as she always has. She always grabs a huge pile of them to bring into my room while I’m taking a shower, or she wants to take them downstairs. Then she gets really angry and starts crying when they start falling down. I remind her that all she has to do is pick them back up, and then she’s okay again. I thought it was funny how she had organized her books here.2012-10-02 Shayla books 001

Easton has been able to crawl up the stairs on his own for quite awhile now. He is actually quite fast. As soon as he gets to the top, he always turns left and heads for this little area where he can look down.

10-7-2012 This picture isn’t very good quality, but it gives you a better idea of what it looks like watching them from the bottom up.2012-10-07 Kids at top of stairs 001 2012-10-07 Kids at top of stairs 004

Easton started crawling on his knees just after 9 months. I realized a couple of weeks ago that I hadn’t got any video of him doing it. I think this video is cute because it really shows his personality. This is how this little boy is most of the time.

I have this pom-pom from back in my BYU days, so we pulled it out when we had some people over to watch the football game. Both Shayla and Easton love to play “rah, rah” with it. It was hard to actually get a picture of him doing it, but he thinks it’s pretty great to shake it up and down.

10-12-20122012-10-12 Cheerleader Easton 0042012-10-12 Cheerleader Easton 007

What? Did you say “Yay!” Oh, that means I’m supposed to start clapping then!2012-10-12 Cheerleader Easton 006

I assume most little kids are this way, but Shayla is just absolutely obsessed with herself. We were looking at some pictures of her cousins on Facebook, and she asked “Where’s Shayla in the picture?”

One night, David promised Shayla he would take some pictures of her on his phone and he forgot to deliver, so before she would go to sleep, I had to take some pictures of her in her bed.

10-12-2012 She can’t go to sleep without every single baby and blanky we own.2012-10-12 Taking pictures of Shayla in bed 002 2012-10-12 Taking pictures of Shayla in bed 005

Shayla has really been making naptime/bedtime difficult for us lately. She refuses to go to the bathroom, she runs away when it’s time to brush her teeth, she gets out of bed multiple times, she needs a drink of water, she needs another baby, yadda yadda. We’ve tried ignoring her knowing that she is likely doing this to get attention, but one Sunday (while David and I were trying to nap ourselves) she got into the room where I keep all our wrapping paper and such and just tore up several rolls, and she also emptied a box of packing peanuts everywhere. Another day she emptied out the closet where I have all the baby gear that Easton has grown out of (swing, bouncy seat, activity mats, etc). At night, we have found her sleeping in our bed, in the hallway by the guest room, or at the top of the stairs. I’m not sure if she’s just not tired, or if it’s more that she’s trying to assert her independence and she realizes that Mommy and Daddy are staying up without her. Haha, that does remind me: one night after I put Shayla to bed, I decided I wanted to make some cookies. Well, surprise, surprise, who comes downstairs as I’m scooping them out onto the cookie sheet? Shayla looks at me and at the cookies and she says, “Oh! Cookies!” in this sweet little voice like she’s thinking “Perfect timing! It’s a good thing I decided to come down here.” I had to tell her that I was making them for tomorrow, but she had to fall asleep first before she could have one.

10-13-20122012-10-13 Shayla's random sleeping locations 001

10-14-20122012-10-14 Shayla's random sleeping locations 002

A couple funny things Shayla said today: I had an eye appointment, and she said we were going to my “Eyring appointment.” She has memorized all of the apostles by their pictures.

The other thing: She loves the Cinderella movie. She was singing the “Sing Sweet Nightingale” song… “Sing Sweet Night and Day.”

We finally started the first big step in landscaping our backyard a week and a half ago. We rented a Bobcat, and my dad and David moved all of the rock out of the way. Let’s just say it was in pretty sorry shape before: 100_4171

10-13-20122012-10-13 Dad shoveling rocks with Bobcat 004

Now it’s all piled up along the fence. We will use it to spread around where we will plant the fruit/citrus trees.

The men both got a pretty big kick out of driving the thing around.2012-10-13 David shoveling rocks with Bobcat 002 2012-10-13 Dad shoveling rocks with Bobcat 002

They also got some more rock (it’s a different kind than the back   unfortunately) to fill in a hole in our front yard where we removed some bushes. We still have a long way to go on the backyard. Next step is to get irrigation lines in and hooked up to our watering system. This is where I leave it all up to David. I come up with the plans on the inside of the house, but the outside just completely overwhelms me. I deem that his territory. :)

I’m almost caught up here now. I just realized I never posted about our Lake Powell trip, and I need to post about our trip to Chicago last week. Maybe I can get caught up by the end of the week, so I can start working on some other projects around here. :)

No comments: