Monday, June 28, 2010

Flashback

So I think I may have just learned a way to make this whole blog thing much easier. The thing I hate in blogger is that it takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R to insert pictures. They always come up at the top, and it’s a serious pain to rearrange it all.  I just learned this little trick to simplify things, but I don’t really know what to blog about. We’ll go back in time to last summer on our visit to Zion’s National Park.

We decided to hike to the top of this…100_2385

Ah yes….that was SOOOO much easier! Why didn’t anyone tell me about this before?

Back to our hike….Let me remind you that a year ago I was pregnant. I think I was 11 weeks pregnant at the time, which meant that I still felt pretty darn icky, and VERY tired. Zion’s is hot in the summer, and Angel’s Landing is UP THERE.

100_2447

We didn’t get up nearly as early as we planned, so it was starting to get warm when we started.  I can’t remember how long the hike is (I think it was 2.5 miles each way), but there are alot of switchbacks…100_2437 Normally, I’m a pretty decent hiker. I only stop to rest when my legs start burning. It was a much different experience being pregnant. My poor little heart was racing (which was making me nervous because you’re not supposed to let it get above 120bpm (I think…I can’t remember the exact number now). Needless to say, I was hiking slow enough that my legs never got tired this time around.

And then you get to the part with all of the chains. It is a pretty steep drop-off on both sides, so you hold on for dear life!

100_2430100_2431

100_2433

Then you get to the top and have this amazing view…

100_2412 - Copy100_2410 - Copy  100_2413 - Copy 100_2416 - Copy 100_2421 - Copy100_2427 - Copy

Make sure to continually apply sunscreen, especially if you got ROASTED at the lake two days earlier. Ouch!

100_2425 - Copy

And you better hope you don’t have to use the restroom… cuz it ain’t pretty!

     100_2436

All done! Time to grab lunch!

100_2443        

Aww…lovely little pregnant pooch. Can’t say I miss it (although it still kinda looks like I have one) :)  I much prefer to have this little girl safe in my arms…

2010 5-31 Shayla First Swim 6

3 comments:

Knudson's said...

what is the trick? I have the same problem??

Melissa said...

It's called Windows Live Writer. I've had it on my computer this whole time, and I didn't even know it! I think it comes with Windows 7. I'm not sure about earlier versions, but I'm sure you could download it. Once you get it, it's pretty self-explanatory. You just type and add the pictures as you go. It works a little more like Word.

Heather & Alvaro said...

Melissa- Thanks for the tip about windows live writer! It has made my life so much easier!!! Your little one is beautiful and you look fantastic for just having a baby! Tell David I said Hi and I hope you all are doing well!
-heather