As Shayla’s hair gets longer, her curls are starting to straighten out a bit. I had to get a shot of them now before they’re gone.
Hmm…that picture makes it look really greasy. I wash my kid’s hair. Promise.
She likes to “comb” her hair now. That and pull the rubber band out of her ponytails.
I finally bought Shayla her first baby doll. She loves it. She is constantly hugging and kissing her. The first day she got it, she dragged it with her everywhere she went. I love it because she loves it, and it keeps her happy.
Shayla also loves cell phones. She has made many unwanted phone calls.
She is also learning to hold the phone up to her ear and say “hello.”
She is also starting to learn the concept of putting things “in” instead of just taking out. She has a little shape sorter, and she has figured out how to put the circle in, take it out, put it in, take it out…She doesn’t quite have the coordination for the other shapes, but she is getting the hang of it.
Shayla is still not walking consistently. Her biggest problem is that she can’t figure out how to stand up without pulling up on something. Instead of pushing herself off the ground with her hands like most babies, she tries to stand up from a kneeling or sitting position one leg at a time. She has actually accomplished it once or twice, but most of the time she can’t do it and it really frustrates her. I have tried showing her how she’s supposed to do it, and she doesn’t get it. She is letting go of our hands a little more, and initiating walking on her own. She can definitely walk a lot further without falling as well. It will happen, but for a kid who’s been standing up for almost 6 months, she’s sure taking a long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment