Even though I felt like it was a boy all along, it’s still a little surreal to finally know. What am I going to do with a boy? Am I ready for the destruction? Probably not. Everything appears to be okay. I guess there is a cyst in the cerebrospinal fluid, but they said it goes away 100% of the time. In rare instances it is indicative of Trisomy 18, but she said if that were the case, then there would be other problems she would have seen as well. We can do further tests if we want, but I’m not too concerned about it. I’ve heard other people mention that they were told this as well. I think all will be just fine.
I’m sad to pack away all the little girl clothes indefinitely. I’m really hoping there’s another little girl in the future. On the plus side, boys are not as exciting to buy for, so I won’t be as tempted, right?
When I look at the 4D face picture, I feel like he’s going to look a little different than Shayla, but we’ll see. We’re just excited to finally identify the baby as a “he” and not just an “it.”
Shayla was there at the ultrasound with us, and she enjoyed watching and saying “baby.” Pretty sure she wouldn’t have figured it out if we didn’t keep telling her, but it is fun to have her be excited too.
3 comments:
I'm soooo EXCITED for you! Boys clothes are fun to shop for, there is just less to choose from. It sure is fun dressing them up in little suits and ties though! Congratulations!!
Congratulations on a boy! How fun to have one of each. And I say great that it's a boy because Shayla and this baby will be opposite seasons so baby #2 wouldn't be able to wear as many of Shayla's clothes...but then again, Arizona really only has 1 season so it probably doesn't matter. Nevermind. I agree with the earlier comment...all the time I see the boy clothes and think they are so cute to dress little boys up like little men. I'm sure you'll find joy in shopping for them.
Just don't shop too much please. :)
Post a Comment