It’s been almost a month now (2-5-12), but I finally got all the pictures together, so here’s the post:
David’s parents came out for Easton’s blessing Friday afternoon, and his sister Jennifer and her children joined us Saturday evening. It was fun to have family here with us. We were a little worried Shayla would be super shy around Nana and Grandpa Snow because that’s how she is around people that she doesn’t really know. Since she doesn’t get to see them very often, we thought that might be the case. Not so. We kept telling her they were coming to visit, and maybe that helped, because she got super hyper and excited as soon as they walked through the door. We were walking through the house showing them what we have done since they were last here, and she was just bouncing off the walls wanting to show them everything too. We were glad she warmed right up to them.
Easton was perfectly quiet during the blessing, and I believe he just slept right through it. David did a nice job as well. My family all came over for the blessing, and then we did a nice lunch with a variety of salads. I tried a new cake recipe that is titled “The Best Chocolate Cake Ever,” and it really was. That was the hit of the day. (Besides the cute little boy that got blessed of course).
One little thing about his blessing outfit: I had a $50 credit to JC Penney online because they were not able to fulfill another order that I had placed (as in I got this credit for free), as I was looking at children’s clothes, I saw that they had christening outfits, so I found one I liked and ordered it. It came a few weeks before his blessing. I looked it over and decided it would fit, and then just left it in the bag. David got Easton dressed the morning of his blessing and says to me, “Do you realize this vest has crosses on it?” Oops. I just looked at it and thought it was a pattern. I never looked closely enough to realize it was a cross. Nobody else noticed unless we pointed it out to them, and we all got a good laugh from it.
The men (including our Bishop)
(I had to put one that had the full view of her dress)
This is how you will find Shayla 95% of the time. The girl loves reading. All of these people here to play with, and she’s in reading books to herself.
No comments:
Post a Comment