I’ve really wanted to get away ever since Easton was born, and I also really wanted to go snowboarding this year, but didn’t think it would be possible since I am nursing Easton. I found a way to make it work: bring someone else with us. :) We found a 2-bedroom rental in Pinetop, and invited my parents along. My mom came up with us Thursday evening, and then watched the kiddos while David and I snowboarded at Sunrise on Friday. I had enough milk stored up for Easton, and had to pump a couple times while we were there, but it was definitely worth it. It had snowed 6-8” the night before, and being on a Friday, there was hardly anyone there. We never waited more than a minute to get on the lifts and the snow was fantastic. There were lots of ungroomed runs, and there is no greater feeling then being the first one to plow through the powder (until you fall and can’t get up). It was a much needed getaway, even if it was just for the day. We really enjoyed ourselves.
And these are the guys we asked to take our picture for us. Haha. I think they need to brush their teeth a little better.
Then on Saturday my dad and Shelbie came up, and we all went to play in the snow together. Shayla had a great time sledding, though you could never tell by the look on her face. She was completely emotionless, but then she would get up and ask to do it again.
Sledding with Aunt Shelbie
She learned how to make a snow angel:
I think her favorite part about the snow was eating it. We kept finding her shoving a handful of snow in her mouth.
She also had fun having a “snowball fight.”
Easton had no problem at all. He was bundled up and basically just slept the whole time.
A couple more cute shots of Shayla:
After we got back and warmed up (poor girl was freezing…her pants were soaked through and her lips were purple), we went and played bocce ball. We enjoyed it, and Shayla had fun getting in the way. :) Then we let her play on the playground a bit. This girl loves to be outside. We really need to get our backyard done so she has a place to play.
It’s always nice to get away for a few days and just spend time together as a family without all of the daily distractions.
ETA: I forgot to mention the disaster we had. We realized about 20 minutes after we left, that Shayla’s blankies were at home. We were already running late, and there as no turning back. She whined about it off and on as we drove up there. We had another blankie for her, but it would not do. We put her to bed and tried to let her cry it out, but she was hysterical. Finally David and I could stay up no longer, and went in the room with her. We went to bed, and she did okay for awhile, and then she started crying for her blankie again. We finally put her in bed with us, and she was okay with that, but it still took her a bit to fall asleep. She did not fall asleep until 1AM. What a night. Luckily she is not particular about a specific blanket, but it has to be the thin receiving blankets with tags. She loves to hold and carry the blankie by the tag, and rub the silky tags together. So the next day we stopped at Wal-Mart and bought her another blankie. We had to talk it up being a “new” blankie, but luckily it did the trick and she slept fine the rest of the trip. It’s going to be hard to wean her off of this.
No comments:
Post a Comment