I guess I’m doing this a little out of order, because we got these pictures taken the weekend we blessed Easton. I bought a photo package back in the summer from the people that took our last set of photos. We were really happy with them and it was a great deal. I told them I wanted to use them when the baby was born, and it was not going to be a problem. Unfortunately we could not use it to do newborn photos, and we didn’t have extra funds at the time to do them, so I tried to schedule these about 6 weeks after he was born. Well, they live in Vegas and weren’t coming out here until he was about 8 weeks, so I had to push it back a little further than I would have liked. 4 days before our scheduled photo shoot, they inform me that they are not going to be able to make it due to her pregnancy. Apparently they didn’t know ahead of time, but I’m sure they had some inkling because they never set up an exact time with us. So, we were left scrambling to find someone last minute, and had to push our photos back another week. I booked with the first photographer that got back with me. Unfortunately, we weren’t too happy with her. Instead of guiding us as to what to do, or how to pose, or even just taking random action shots, she sort of stood around and waited for us to tell her what to do. Shayla wasn’t cooperating too well either, and by the time that we finally got around to taking pictures of Easton (which is what I wanted most), he wasn’t really too happy anymore. Needless to say, we ended up with a couple decent pictures, but not what I had hoped for. We will pay more for someone better next time.
I’ve been so proud of myself for losing all of my Easton weight so quickly, and I was feeling all skinny. Then I look at these pictures of myself and realize I’ve still got a ways to go (which is Shayla weight now). That and I can’t figure out how to not have a fake smile.
In my head this picture was going to be really cute, but as we were looking at the photos when we got them back, I busted up laughing because it occurred to me that he looks like a Chippendale baby. Totally wrong, but still cute.
This picture totally looks like she’s a model, and the wind is blowing her hair.
1 comment:
That's a good looking family you have there. :)
Post a Comment